How to Outsource Customer Support for Your Shopify Store
If you operate your business entirely online, customer support may be one of the most important interactions that a customer has with your brand. High-quality customer support can help you grow brand loyalty and increase sales.
In online marketplaces where customers lack the in-person reassurances they get in physical stores, providing top-notch customer support becomes crucial. It's not just about offering high-quality products but also ensuring a positive customer experience. This, in turn, can foster brand loyalty and drive increased sales.
Here’s how to effectively harness the potential benefits of outsourcing should you decide to go that route.
Unlocking the Power of Customer Support in eCommerce
Customer support is a vital asset in eCommerce. It serves as a valuable source of feedback on products, services, and more. It's the key to turning potential customers into loyal ones, driving around 20% of orders from return buyers, and enhancing your brand's online presence.
Positive support experiences lead to better reviews, which in turn boost your brand's visibility on platforms like Facebook and Google. Happy customers often become brand advocates, spreading the word among their network.
Furthermore, effective customer support can aid in upselling, cross-selling, and reducing returns and negative reviews by guiding customers to make informed decisions.
When executed correctly, outsourcing your customer support can deliver these benefits while also reducing your workload, expertly addressing complex issues, and accommodating your business's growth with scalability.
Before you outsource customer support, consider these steps:
- Provide knowledge bases and FAQs for self-service, improving search results.
- Collect data to predict and address common issues proactively.
- Prioritize feedback over reviews, using internal feedback to make improvements and requesting external reviews after positive experiences.
Choosing the Right Customer Support Provider: Key Considerations
When considering outsourcing customer support, here are essential factors to keep in mind:
- Shared Values: Ensure your brand’s core values align with the service provider.
- Tech Integration: Confirm they can seamlessly integrate with your tech stack.
- Expertise: Look for their customer experience expertise.
- Feedback Mechanisms: Check if they collect and analyze customer feedback.
- Support Channels: Ensure they offer the channels you need.
- Scalability: Can they adapt as your business grows?
- Cultural Alignment: Consider cultural compatibility.
- Response Times: Assess their response time capabilities.
- eCommerce Experience: Seek a track record in eCommerce.
- FAQ Integration: Verify their compatibility with FAQs and self-service options.
- Value for Money: Look for cost-effective solutions.
Shopify Stores Tip: Ensure the customer service provider has Shopify experience and apps for seamless integration, not just with Amazon FBA. For instance, Gorgias offers an app that auto-fetches orders and customer data from your Shopify admin.
Consider a helpdesk – a one-stop platform for collecting all customer interactions, from emails to social media messages. The best ones act as CRM platforms mapping the complete customer journey.