Facebook Dynamic Ads in Multiple Languages and Countries
Editor’s Note: This post has been updated with new links and content.
Original Publication Date: January 22, 2019
Marketers using Facebook now have the ability to create Dynamic Ads that automatically translate into multiple languages depending on the preference and the region of the user. The steps are easy and, more importantly, the features are really cool.
What Are Facebook Dynamic Ads?
Facebook Dynamic Ads are designed to promote your product to individuals who have shown interest.
Of course, dynamic ads look much like other Facebook Ads. The difference, however, is that instead of individually creating an ad for every item you promote, you create an ad template that automatically uses images and details from your catalog.
New Additions to Dynamic Ads
That said, the new additions to Facebook Dynamic Ads don’t stop there. Facebook is also giving businesses the ability to upload additional language options in their product catalog. This function caters to the user by selecting the correct language automatically.
How to Set Up Your Catalog
- First, create a catalog with a data feed. Then set your default country and language. These should be set to where you do the majority of your business.
- Connect your catalog with your Facebook Pixel.
- Create a new file for secondary language or country data feed.
- Next, add an ID column. This column will be for product IDs in your inventory. Further, make sure these match the product IDs in the original catalog.
- After that, add an Override column. This column is for languages and countries that you select to override the default setting you previously selected. If you plan to create overrides to both language and country, we recommend two separate data feeds.
- Go to catalog manager to upload your secondary feed. Select the name of the catalog you want to use with your dynamic ad. Then continue to Product Data Sources.
- Click Add Data Source and select Ad Product Information.
- Select Add Country Information or Add Language Information. Click Next, upload, and name your data feed. You will need to set your default currency. To finish, click Start Upload.
Create Dynamic Ads for Multiple Languages and Countries
- First, go to Ads Manager and click + Create.
- Choose Catalog Sales as your objective and name the catalog.
- Select the products you want to advertise in Product Set. Choose your audience, placements, budget, and schedule.
- Next, choose your ad creative.
- Click + Create Different Languages and choose your default language from the dropdown menu.
- Finally, click +Add Language. Save and Confirm.
In conclusion, Facebook is paving the path to even more international business opportunities. And it’s becoming the go-to platform for even more businesses, which provides whole new markets and large-scale audiences to connect with.
Alright, before we wrap up, it’s time to step up!
Click the link below and you can join our premium group.
You won’t regret it. 😎👇